Constitution and Policy
Grangemouth Triathlon Club believe that everyone who participates in our club is entitled to do so in an enjoyable and safe environment. The welfare of our athletes is paramount. For this reason, we take welfare very seriously. We believe that everyone (including any children and vulnerable adults) participating in our club is entitled to a duty of care and to be protected from abuse, maltreatment or misconduct. We also recognise that we have a responsibility to ensure the highest standards possible in relation to welfare.
To meet our welfare responsibilities, we will:
• Respect and promote the rights, wishes and feelings of people taking part in our club.
• Require our coaches, members and volunteers to abide by Triathlon Scotland’s Welfare Policy and procedures and associated Codes of Conduct.
• Promote and implement appropriate policies and procedures to provide a duty of care for all people (including any children and vulnerable adults) within the club, to safeguard their well-being and protect them from abuse.
• Ensure our nominated welfare officer is up to date with the latest good practice training and guidance in relation to welfare issues.
• Follow good practice guidance in relation to recruitment, selection, training of our coaches, officials and volunteers.
• Regularly monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of our approach to welfare.
• Respond appropriately to any allegations of misconduct or abuse of any children and / or vulnerable adults in our club in line with our policy and procedures as well as implementing, where appropriate, the relevant disciplinary and appeals procedures.
As our Sport’s governing body, Triathlon Scotland have a number of Wellbeing & Protection policies and procedures implemented and have produced a range of resources to protect the wellbeing of all members.
Please view the Wellbeing Section on the Triathlon Scotland website for the full information and resources available.
At any time, if you have any Welfare questions or need more information/support then please contact with Grangemouth Triathlon Welfare Officers here or with the Triathlon Scotland Wellbeing & Protection Lead, Calum Reid by emailing email@example.com